NVARC Ugly Filters Update #5

Tonight I finished working on the 80m filter.

I have detached the second, now unused, case, tidied the filter up and added the screws to secure the sides.

I measured the insertion loss once fully assembled and it is about 1.1 dB across the VK 80m band (3.500 – 3.800 MHz).

The coils I have used for L1, L2 and L4 are 14 turns each on 25 mm diameter formers. L3 is 8.75 turns, also on a 25 mm former.

I have begun working on the 160 m filter and I have prepared the chassis and wound the 3 large inductors. Again I have used different size former as the required 2 inch Schedule 40 PVC is not on hand. Instead I have used 55 mm diameter PVC pipe and I have added an extra turn.

I won’t have time to finish the 160 m filter before the weekend so it will have to wait until the RD contest in August for final testing.


This entry was posted in Amateur Radio, Contesting. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *