I had previously activated Mitchell River National Park but was I keen to get contacts on some different bands, notably 15 and 12 metres, and try some lower power as well.
I set up my linked dipole in the trees, just of Billy Goat Bend Rd.
I used my FT817 for all my contacts on 40 m and the increased power from my FT450D assisted with getting through on 15 and 12 metres.
SOTA activators worked included;
- Justin, VK2CU, on The Magistrate VK2/NT-006
- Bernard, VK2IB, on Black Mountain VK3/VE-093
- Hugh, VK5NHG, on Oulnina Hill VK5/NE-071
- Phil, VK2JDL, on Mt Elliott VK2/HU-093
- Rod, VK2TWR, on un-named summit VK2/SM-013
- Andrew, VK1NMA, on Mt Ginini VK1/AC-008
- Al, VK1RX, on Pheasant Hill VK1/AC-021
I made 28 QSOs on 40 m, 4 QSOs on 15 m and 3 QSOs on 12 metres which, when added to my previous activation QSOs qualified the park for the WWFF award.