Wade, VK1MIC, has released a video showing VK port-a-log in action at home. Wade’s video can be viewed on YouTube here.
VK5AYL has released a similar app for iPhone. Info available at www.vk5ayl.com
The latest version, released 4 January 2019, has the following features:
- Captures QSO info including time, call sign, name, location, signal reports, mode, rig and power
- Supports SOTA, WWFF, KRMNPA, SANPCPA and VK Shires awards
- Uses the inbuilt GPS, where fitted, to determine the Maidenhead locator, closest five SOTA summits, closest five VKFF or ZLFF areas, current VKFF area and current VK shire.
- Outputs SOTA V2 CSV file format compatible with SOTA database uploads for activate and chase logs
- Outputs ADIF file compatible with WWFF database for WWFF activations
- Outputs ADIF 3.0.4 file format compatible with mainstream logging programs
- Outputs an all fields csv file format for importing into Excel
- Displays distance and compass bearing from major landmark – VK capital cities or user defined location
- Includes locator, SOTA reference, VKFF reference and GPS location in comments field of ADIF file
- Writes new CSV and ADI files for each local calendar day
- Has hot keys for most VK call sign prefixes, eight user defined prefixes or numbers zero to nine for faster log entry
- Three operating modes – SOTA, portable and QTHR
- Has scroll list of QSOs, latest at top, for quick review
- Click QSO in scroll list to edit QSO details
- Choice of colours – white on black or black on white
- Auto completion of contacted station’s name from names.csv file
- Displays filtered SPOTs from SOTAwatch and ParksnPeaks websites
- Six different SPOT alert sounds
- Sends SPOTs to SOTAwatch and ParksnPeaks websites
- Copy SPOT details to log – saves data entry
- Copy last QSO details to SOTAwatch or ParksnPeaks spot post
- External keyboard support with keyboard short cuts – see basic user guide
- Works on most Android tablets and phones
The app is available from the files section of the vk3zpf_logger groups.io group.
Joining the vk3zpf_logger groups.io group allows you to email bug reports and suggestion direct to the developer (me) and share your ideas with other users.
Subscribe to the vk3zpf-logger group