Last Sunday I activated SOTA summit VK3/VC-033, Mt Toolebewong. This summit was the first time I had used the Android logging application that I have been working on.
As with all things new there are a few things that I found it lacked that would be good to have.
- Display of previous contacts
- Short cuts for popular call sign prefixes
- Display distance and compass direction from a major landmark, like the Melbourne GPO
- An indication of number of QSOs for the session
- Default to numeric keyboard for power, RS(T) & frequency entry
- Remove default RS, power and frequency when clicked into
- Recall last QSO for edit
- Add ADIF header info to ADIF file
During the week I have included the first three and no longer think I need the fourth point any more.
On Sunday I am going to activate VK3/VC-014 Mt Disappointment and I’ll be using the application for logging again.
After this activation I’ll probably have a few more things to add to the list.
One Response to VK3ZPF SOTA logging app update #1