Back in 2011 Tony, VK3VTH, the ARV Awards manager suggested we have a weekend in November to promote the activation of Victorian National Parks for the Keith Roget Memorial National Parks award.
A summary of these weekends is below;
- 2011 – total 18 parks activated, two parks for me
- 2012 – total 20 parks activated, six parks for me
- 2013 – total 26 parks activated, three parks for me
- 2014 – 33 parks activated, two parks for me
My efforts this year were reduced as I had a clash with a weekend away with some scout leaders. I was able to activate the following parks
- Yarra Ranges National Park (Mt Donna Buang) Saturday evening – 30 minute activation, 20m only, eight DX QSOs and one VK6 contact.
- Yarra Ranges National Park (O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail – Dee Road) Sunday lunchtime – 40 minute activation, 40m only, 28 VK QSOs.
- Churchill National Park (Visitor centre car park) Sunday afternoon – 40 minute activation, 40m only, 36 QSOs.
I had been hoping to work some DX pile up from WWFF chasers in Europe however I was not on late enough in the afternoon/evening to do this.
Over the weekend three chasers achieved the ‘Merit Award’ for chasing all 45 Victorian National Parks. Congratulations to Bernard VK3AV, Paul VK5PAS and Allen VK3HRA.
I’m looking forward to next year’s activation weekend – probably on 13 – 16 November 2015.
One Response to 2014 Keith Roget Memorial National Park Award activaion weekend