A summary of these weekends is below;
- 2011 – total 18 parks activated, two parks for me
- 2012 – total 20 parks activated, six parks for me
- 2013 – total 26 parks activated, three parks for me
- 2014 – 33 parks activated, two parks for me
My efforts this year were reduced as I had a clash with a weekend away with some scout leaders. I was able to activate the following parks
- Yarra Ranges National Park (Mt Donna Buang) Saturday evening – 30 minute activation, 20m only, eight DX QSOs and one VK6 contact.
- Yarra Ranges National Park (O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail – Dee Road) Sunday lunchtime – 40 minute activation, 40m only, 28 VK QSOs.
- Churchill National Park (Visitor centre car park) Sunday afternoon – 40 minute activation, 40m only, 36 QSOs.
I had been hoping to work some DX pile up from WWFF chasers in Europe however I was not on late enough in the afternoon/evening to do this.
I’m looking forward to next year’s activation weekend – probably on 13 – 16 November 2015.